"The Home of Nostradamus" Museum
Built around the enigmatic character, Michel de Nostredame known as Nostradamus (1503 - 1566), who studied the past, the present...and the future up until 3797.
The Museum is located in the house where he lived from 1547 until his death and where he wrote his famous "Prophecies" ... Discover this multi-faceted man engaged in Medicine, Pharmacy, Astrology, and Humanism, alongside the great Rabelais, Catherine de Medici, Charles IX, Cosimo Ruggieri, Marguerite de Navarre ...
An audio tour of 40 minutes (10 scenes) will allow you to discover the life of this illustrious man and his scientific and philosophical works. The Museum also features temporary exhibitions, a bookshop and a collection of documents.
Musée "La Maison de Nostradamus"
Rue Nostradamus à Salon-de-Provence
04 90 56 64 31 / 04 90 56 33 45
Temporary exhibitions. Audioguides in 5 languages. Guided visits. Collection catalog available on the city website www.salon-de-provence.fr
Open from Monday to Friday from 9h to 12h and from 14h to 18h (except some holidays). Saturday and Sunday from 14h to 18h.
- 4,80€ Full price
- 3,10€ Reduced price available to :
- young 25 years old and less
- family card holder
- people 60 years and older
- disabled and accompanying
- person accompanying a young "Yes" card holder
- a non-resident teacher in Salon-de-Provence
- groups of 10 and larger
- beneficiary of a type of formal agreement with the municipality (welcome passport from departmental committee of tourism, backpacker's guide, Yes card)
Free for :
- 1) public less than 25 years old
- 2) job seekers, social minima recipients
- 3) primary and secondary teachers on a professional mission
- 4) curators of public collections
- 5) professional journalist on assignment
- 6) dependants of the Defense Ministry for the Emperi Museum only
- 7) beneficiaries of the "Pass Avantages Séjour"
- 8) school bus drivers or travel agents
Museums in Salon-de-Provence: choice of 2 out of 3
- 7,30€ Normal rate
- 5,30€ reduced rate for 2 museums for the public fulfilling conditions for reductions
Gratuit pour les 2 musées pour le public remplissant les conditions de gratuité.